Yellow Ribbon Program _ Office of Military and Veterans Affairs _ Creighton University documents needed for housing benefit

Creighton university proudly participates in and generously contributes to the yellow ribbon program helping to bridge the financial gap between the post-9/11 GI bill annual cap and the cost of tuition and fees. If you:

The office of military and veterans affairs will make it as smooth as possible for you to use your post-9/11 GI bill with yellow ribbon program benefits at creighton if you are admitted to, and enrolled in, a degree or certificate program in our:

After the office of military and veterans affairs has received your certificate of eligibility and information form and you’ve registered for classes, we will certify your credit hour enrollment with the VA. This certification triggers the VA to begin processing the book stipend and housing allowance (if applicable) portion of your benefits.

Those benefits are paid directly to you, not creighton.Documents needed for housing benefit

Once the drop/add period has passed, your certification will be amended to include your tuition and fees. This delayed amendment is a requirement of the VA as to avoid the transfer of funds back and forth between the VA and the schools when students are adjusting their registration. It takes approximately four to six weeks for creighton to receive the applicable tuition and fees from the VA after this amendment has been completed. The business office is aware you are a student using chapter 33 with the yellow ribbon program and will waive any late fee if there is one automatically assessed on your account once we receive the funds from the VA.

As long as you remain continuously enrolled for subsequent semesters, we will certify your enrollment with the VA. This will be automatic unless you inform us that you do not wish to be certified for a particular course, term, and/or semester.Documents needed for housing benefit transfer students

If you have used a portion of your post-9/11 GI bill at another school, you must transfer the use of your benefits from your previous institution to creighton. You do this by completing VA form 22-1995 via VONAPP. Once your transfer is approved, you will receive an updated certificate of eligibility that you must provide to the office of military and veterans affairs. We will then certify your enrollment as outlined above. Payments

The post-9/11 GI bill with yellow ribbon program is comprised of multiple payments. The following amounts apply to full-time students eligible for the full benefit (100% eligibility tier, determined by the VA). If you are not eligible for the full benefit, and/or less than full time, the payment and maximum amounts listed will be prorated based on your eligibility percentage and rate of pursuit.Documents needed for housing benefit

• applicable tuition and fees (paid directly to creighton): up to $22,805.34. For the 2017-2018 academic year under the post-9/11 GI bill. Once this annual cap is exhausted, the yellow ribbon program will automatically be applied. See additional information below.

At creighton, the yellow ribbon program provides undergraduate students up to $20,000 additional tuition and fees dollars per academic year ($10,000 from creighton, with a VA match of an additional $10,000).

All eligible graduate-level students and twelve juris doctor school of law students receive up to $10,000 additional tuition and fees dollars per academic year ($5,000 from creighton, with a VA match of an additional $5,000).

The exact amount of the yellow ribbon contribution is based on the student’s tuition and fees balance after chapter 33 benefits and institutional aid are applied.Documents needed for housing benefit yellow ribbon awards may reduce, or be reduced by, other institutional aid awarded. Creighton reviews its yellow ribbon commitment each year. Participation levels may vary in future years.

If you have questions or concerns about the post-9/11 GI bill with yellow ribbon program at creighton, please email jennifer austin, program coordinator in the office of military and veterans affairs, or call her at 402.280.4910.